Sunday, February 3, 2013

Find of the Week (1/27/13 - 2/2/13)



To Kill a Mockingbird Homemade Boardgame
Value: Priceless
Actual Cost: $0.95

I was looking through the boardgames at my thrift spot when I noticed this homemade box. To Kill a Mockingbird is a school project board game based on the Harper Lee classic.

The game mostly seems to be a repurposed copy of Sequence. The box is an inverted and taped up Sequence box. The pieces include Sequence chips (although I can't remember if they're actually used). The board itself is a hand painted(!) Sequence board. The pawns came from Sorry and Monopoly.

The handwriting is pretty bad, but the homemade rules mention recommended age at 12+. I'm guessing this was made by a 5th or 6th grader. The gameplay seems to be basic trivia and vocabulary, so I probably won't play it.

Even if I don't, it's cool to own a unique, one-of-a-kind board game!

No comments:

Post a Comment