Sunday, February 10, 2013

Please Don't Feed My Kaiju: Imperial Godzilla

When I started this blog, I wrote the first posts about Ultraman episodes. I got bored after a few and quit writing for a year. It wasn't that I don't like Ultraman or kaiju. I just made the posts too long and burned out. It's been so long since I wrote about kaiju that I figure I should give them some love. I present to you Godzilla!


Here is my Imperial Toys Godzilla figure. This was released in 1985, and every kid had one. My brother and I did. My mom threw it away sometime over the years. When I recently went through a Godzilla kick and had money to spare, I picked it up. It's a little worn and is losing the paint on his finger nails, but he's still awesome. I mean, check out that red lipstick!
Imperial Godzilla stands at an astounding 12"!


You may recognize this legendary figure from his many appearances in TV Land. Godzilla is a reoccurring figure in Roseanne and probably a bunch of other crap as well. Seriously, he's in like every episode of Roseanne.

Best of all, this thing is massive. You can trample all over just about any figure. I used to have a bunch of smaller scale Bandai figures, and they didn't hold a candle to this. Not only were they smaller, they were not nearly as durable. Thus, they weren't as well suited for kaiju fights. Now the obstacle is finding other kaiju toys of a similar scale so battles don't seem one sided!

Of course, it's easy to find smaller stuff. I like to browse through dollar stores for bootleg action figures and stuff like that. I found a decent caterpillar plushie to act as larval Mothra. My buddy Sean picked up some little mini wrestling figures and left them over at my house. Naturally, I chose not to follow my own advice and fed them to my kaiju.












No comments:

Post a Comment