Sunday, March 10, 2013

Find of the Week (3/3/13 - 3/9/13)


Fay's Fairy Tales: Little Red Riding Hood
Value: $0.01 on Amazon
Actual Cost: $1

This week was not a great week for finds. The most interesting thing I purchased was this children's book from a local library. I payed a dollar since it was hardcover. Amazon has multiple copies for a penny, but I ultimately avoided having to pay the $3.99 shipping costs.

I'm a huge fan of William Wegman, the author and photographer. You probably have seen his acting weimaraner dogs on shows like Sesame Street. He's also done quite a few short films and a few books. Little Red Riding Hood is part of the Fay's Fairy Tales series. I really hope to get the others from this series, as well.

The actors, of course, are Fay and her lovable children. The writing is clever, as per usual with Wegman. I imagined his dry voice narrating the entire thing. Some of the photos are absolutely amazing, even if they're a bit samey overall. Seeing dogs dressed up as people never gets old. Here's a shot of the big bad wolf.

The only distinguishing marks are his snarl and bushy tail.
I love Wegman, and I love fairy tales. Naturally, I also loved this book. Your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment