Monday, March 4, 2013

Find of the Week (2/24/13 - 3/2/13)




Monstrous Compendium Appendices
(Spelljammer I & II, Ravenloft I & II, Dark Sun, Al-Qadim, Outer Planes)
Value: $266 total on Amazon
Actual Cost: $37.50 total

AD&Dmania continues! This week I bought some Monstrous Compendium appendices from the local comic book shop. Monstrous Compendium stuff, unlike most AD&D 2e books (except box sets with low print runs like Planescape), has actually increased in value over the years. The reason being that they came in folios full of loose sheets to be added to a binder. I guess it became harder to find them complete. These things came in the packaging but with a bit of shelfwear to the covers. Otherwise, the sheets are fine.

I already added these to my Monstrous Compendium binders. I suppose I might not ever actually get around to using some of them (like Dark Sun), but I figured it would be a wise investment in case I ever wanted to in the future.

I quite frankly can't wait to get started on my 2e game. It's been my main interest as of late. I've amassed a good deal of books: the core rulebooks, optional splatbooks, and a few settings boxsets. I am all set to go with materials (including a battlemap and cardboard minis), and have familiarized myself with all the rules in the PHB and Spelljammer. Now all I have left to do is finish reading the DMG!

No comments:

Post a Comment