Sunday, December 23, 2012

Find of the Week (12/16/12 - 12/22/12)


R.E.M. - Reckoning (Vinyl)
Value: $5, online
Actual Cost: $1

I went out shopping for comics with one of my best pals, Sean, and picked up the new Haunted Horror #2. (Haunted Horror is a great comic, by the way!) Above the comic shop sits a small record shop. After we were done with comics, we checked out the vinyl.

I picked up a few things, but none of the others were cheaper than I would expect to pay online. REM's   Reckoning does sell online for $5 + shipping on discogs.com, so I suppose this is the best find of my week. I would guess that you can get it for $1 at other record stores. My copy is beat up, too, so it's probably only worth a dollar. Either way, I didn't go shopping much this week.

The vinyl is ok, but does skip on the first track on side B. I won't do a full album review. (Not yet, at least. I'm trying to stay away from music on this blog for now.) I will say that Reckoning is some good jangle pop. It's a little same-y, but that shouldn't deter you if you're into the subgenre.

Vinyl is really cheap nowadays, so check your local store to see if they have a copy of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment